Friday, February 02, 2007

Yellow Walls and Red Boots



I don’t know why I get so wound up.

It’s just a party.

Few people.

Superbowl game.

No big deal.

I’m all into my Zen space. Calm. Peaceful.

YUH. If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.

Not only am I wound like a top, not only do I start a major painting project- the entire back room in yellow color that required four coats- on, uh, Wednesday because I had to just had to, I go give the party a special twist.

You have to come dressed as a Superhero.

Why?

Because life is short.

Gotta have some fun.

Okay, I was mesmerized by a pair of knee high red boots. Superhero boots. How did I know they were Superhero boots? Because the three year old wearing them told me he was Superman. And seeing that he had the cape and the boots, I was inclined to believe him.

I wanted the boots.

One friend called me today and asked if I really wanted her to dress up in tight black pants and a tight top. Really? Did I want her to come as a Superhero?

Yes. I am your lesbian friend. I want to see you in tight black pants. Are you kidding?

Another friend emailed me and asked if people were really coming scantily clad as Superheroes.

I relayed the tight black pants comment.

Maybe it should be the hot and bothered party, she said.

Uh, no. We’re all forty some odd years old. It’s not going to be pretty. I have already promised no photos.

Well, no photos for the blog.

Yet another friend emailed and said, I think martinis will be a must.

Yes, I assured her. Pitchers of cosmos will be available as you walk in the door.

To date, I have ordered some seafood to be delivered. And… nothing else.

Because, I love to torture myself.

Walter stopped in to pick up Zachary for his sleepover.

Sara. You gotta get happy.

I’m standing on a ladder, finishing the last few touch ups.

I’m happy, I growled.

Um… he hesitated.

OKAY, I’VE BEEN ON THE ROOF, COME BACK DOWN AND HEADED TO A HIGHER ONE!!!

Yeah, I can tell. We’ll be here. We’ll get it all set up. It’ll be perfect.

I did not respond.

It’s a party, he said. Do you have your costume ready?

AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

You know, I did it to myself. I had to have my yellow walls.

And red boots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home