Sunday, November 11, 2007

Trash-Talking

No, I am not going to mention how beautiful it is down here. But I will mention one thing- how they can take such a lush landscape and turn it into strip malls and pink stucco is beyond me.

Today Jeanine and I are playing her sisters in a game of tennis. Mind you, I haven’t played since before Ben was born, neither has Jeanine, and they play every day. In fact they are the ass kickers of their league and just a wee bit competitive. They mentioned something about being undefeated and even though it’s an old ladies league that’s pretty impressive.

Yes, that was a poke. Can’t help myself, I am, at heart, a trash talker.

I am reminded of a friend of mine who I challenged to a game of golf and she said sure, but I laugh a lot when I play. I do, too, laugh on occasion while playing golf, but only when I’m playing well. Or I’m playing with people who do not take themselves too seriously.

I have to remember to laugh a lot. Not my nature, mind you, as I can get a wee bit competitive myself. But I am old, fat and slow. Not an excuse, just a reality. Some might argue I’ve always been slow.

Maybe I should stop at one of the drive through plastic surgery places in the closest strip mall and have a quick lipo job before we play.

Another day of cousins, aunts, uncles, and Nana. Swimming, tennis and sunshine.

Oops. I said I wasn’t going to mention that. Don’t worry, though. My trash-talking butt will be kicked in the next hour or so...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seem to be more active when Im in Floriday too. I WANT to do things when Im there!

At home, after a long day at work, Im lucky if I dont fall asleep at the dinner table!

We are taking the entire family down to Disney the first week of December!! Cant wait!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Well, they took pity on us and split up... it ended up being a pretty good game.

Jeanine and I took the pledge to work on our game so the next time we can actually play.

I agree, though. If I lived here, I would be swimming, playing golf, tennis, almost every moment I could. I love being outdoors and I'm not so keen on winter sports.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home