Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Home Again, Home Again

Jiggity Jig...

Ah, we made it back. Miami Airport ... well, since I have nothing nice to say I'm not going to say anything at all. Except they do have a Mohito to-go stand and I bought one for Walter.

I'm not sure where I should begin... at the beginning or the end? With everything I found inside myself, everything I found around me, or the sheer joy of dangling on a zip line a 100 feet off the ground, finally overcoming a lifelong fear of heights?

The zip line was after the most harrowing taxi ride, an experience that put NYC cabs to total shame. After our SUV taxi crawled up a deeply rutted mud hill, slamming from side to side, tipping dangerously towards each side, only to be faced with another, longer, more rutted, hill, I realized I was actually in a rural area of an undeveloped country and, yes, I could die.

I wasn't hysterical or anxious. Just keenly aware.

Standing on a small wood platform 100 feet up seems trite in comparison.

Traveling for ten days with twenty friends, family was something I will never forget. Pieces of the experience changed my world view forever. It strained and strengthened my friendships.

But where to start? Pictures? That's it. Pictures first. I will work on those this morning. I may post about ten times today. I did miss my blog...

Which reminds me- thank you to all my friends who posted while I was gone, to Nick for taking care of the actual posting, and for everyone who kept reading. My blog is something I've worked hard at, trying to build traffic, gain readership, everyday. It's my baby. You all took great care of my baby while I was gone. Thank you.

Now... to pictures...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome home!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Sue J said...

Looking forward to the photos!

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I'm so glad you had a good time!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Welcome back!!!

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear you guys all made it back safely. look forward to hearing more. missed you!

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home