Monday, July 14, 2008

The Fog Rolls In

I’m back… if you don’t count the fact that I’m sitting on a porch watching an enormous fog bank creep in off the ocean.

I still haven’t read a paper in over a week I’m hoping someone got Jesse Jackson back on his medication and everything has quieted down. I am keenly aware of the mounting racism in this campaign- if it had been Clinton? The misogyny would have been off the walls.

Each week that goes by, I get a worse feeling in my stomach. I am starting to think a man who is a total nutcase, older than the hills and the biggest flip-flopper on issues we have ever seen in politics, can actually get elected.

My sister says she can’t vote for Obama because his middle name is “Hussein.” I love you, my seester, but I’m calling you out on that one. It is perhaps the most racist thing you’ve ever said. The man is a Christian- that bugs the shit out of me but I’ll still vote for him. The alternative is too scary.

McCain is volatile- he’s proven that over and over again. If I had better internet connection right now Id list all the times he lost it or used vulgar language with people, but I don’t so you’ll have to look it up on your own.

He can’t even say the same thing two days in a row. Sure, all politicians give lip service to the crowd in front of them but McCain seems to do it and be indignant when he’s called on it.

Oh, yeah, that’s because he’s mentally unstable.

We re-elected Ronald Reagan even though he was half gone with Alzheimer’s. Perhaps we are drawn to horribly dysfunctional people. I look at Obama and I see a married man, with a smart, capable wife, two great kids… um… what’s wrong? No drama?

I mean, what do you think Michelle Obama would do if anyone, let alone her husband, called her a cunt? That’s the woman I want in the White House as a role model to kids in this country.

Maybe as Americans, we simply like our broken people. Projects. Our current president is clearly stupid and that didn’t bother us at all. Stole an election? That’s okay; we’ll give it to you the next time.

I mean, Phil Gramm calls the entire country “whiners” and babies because of the economic slump and McCain applauds him? What happens? Is he run out of the country by the millions struggling to pay 4.50 a gallon for gas? Is he hounded by the millions losing their homes in the subprmise crisis?

Nope. He raises 22 million dollars for his campaign.

But his middle name is “Hussein?” Please, this is the one time I wished I believed in God so she could swoop down and bitch slap this whole country.

The bank of fog I’m watching roll in is a force of nature. The bank of fog covering American’s eyes about the real McCain is a mixture of too much Fox Fantasy News Channel and inexcusable ignorance.

I have a very sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I honestly am starting to think McCain has a shot at the presidency.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

You know what the most depressing part of this whole thing is to me? It's that yes, we do get the government we deserve. This country has proven time after time in the past few decades that we WANT crackpots and crazies in the White House. We want ignorant, fear-mongering, "Christian" white men who are proud of their ignorance.
And what does this say about the country we live in?
What does this say about us?

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am afraid too. Very afraid.
Kamrin

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I say is this.
If McCain is elected:
O CANADA..........

I agree with you McCain is scary and the chances of him winning the election are good.
So do every you feel that you can do to see that he is elected.
If that doesn't work. And he is elected.
Then pack your stuff and get out like the rest of the folks in this country with half of brain and get out.

O I love your blog keep up the work

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we just have to make sure we all do what we can to make sure that obama is elected!

unlike you, a lot of the clinton supports are unwilling to move forward, and are still licking their wounds and complaining about obama and everything he says or does. that whole group needs to get on board or what they get could be a whole lot worse than our current dumbo in the white house!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Sue J said...

Hey, Donald, my ears were burning. ;-)

Of course I don't want McCain in office. He would be a disaster of epic proportions. But to explain those of us who loudly voice our disappointment in Obama's FISA reversal, I read this great comment recently:

"He's not above our judgment, he is, in fact, totally accountable to it."

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

once again, the lesser of two evils. obabma is a homophobe, but mccain is far worst. so we are forced to help elect a man who does not support equal marriage and will not be photographed with gay leaders. super.
what your sister said is shocking. how do you deal with that level of ignorance and racism in your family?

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about the poor taste of The New Yorker magazine illustration?

It's very upsetting.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both choices are horrible.

Its like this country has no hope.....nothing to make us think there could be light at the end of the tunnel.

Isnt there someone capable out there? To help THIS country?

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The New Yorker is a very liberal publication. The cover may have been in bad taste but it is clearly satire. I mean, how much more over the top could it have been? The magazine was attempting to stir up conversation about people’s misconceptions about Obama and his wife. The media latched onto this story and now there is more talk about the truth about Obama and his wife. The McCain campaign has even been forced to make statements condemning the cover, thereby dispelling the very rumors they are counting on.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

the new yorker magazine, I have not seen. I'm not surprised.

don't you dare blame clinton supporters. that's not the problem here...

can't move to canada. besides, THIS IS MY COUNTRY TOO.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Seda said...

Right on, Sara! My country, and I'll fight for it, no matter how fascist the leaders we (or the courts) select.

I have hope in one phenomena that I haven't seen much about: the youth in this country - first time voters - are excited about Obama. Not so about McCain.

Having said that, I don't believe we want crackpots and crazies. We get them because we have a very corrupt system, and are kept in ignorance by a media propaganda machine that doesn't report the stuff that affects us most but focuses instead on dividing the masses, and an economic system on the brink of collapse that keeps us so busy trying to make ends meet we don't have time to take to the streets. I suspect the best thing to do is simply create connected communities and depend on the federal government for nothing, because it's sold out to the few, the rich.

9:55 AM  
Blogger chenmeinv0 said...

wedding dresses
canada goose
prada
burberry outlet online
canada goose
north face pas cher
tommy hilfiger
true religion
rolex watches
ghd
2018.1.24xukaimin

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home