Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Countdown to Meltdown

Now I am having a total and complete meltdown. Little over than a week till Christmas and then we leave for a long vacation.

I cannot find my reservations.

I have spent the last couple of days trying to find nice, fun little things for kids stockings. I have come up empty. I'm lost.

Jeanine slipped on the ice the other morning and hurt her back horribly. She's been unable to walk for two days. Two days of no work for Jeanine makes her beyond miserable.

I have people who want me to actually concentrate and DO THINGS. PEOPLE! I CANNOT FIND MY RESERVATIONS!

Or stocking stuffers.

Or get the cousins gifts.

Or pay all the bills before I leave.

I'm frozen with panic right now. Must go fold laundry... must. I'll wait until Jeanine wakes up from her drug induced doze and ask nicely for her to figure out all the mess I've made online. She never panics.

I hope.

She will be annoyed, however, as she asked me for once, to take care of reservations. Always her job. Why? Because she can keep track of it all. I can keep track of how long before the roast is done, when to start the broccoli steaming, and... um... that's about it.

Zachary asked me this morning if I was excited about Christmas. I smiled. Or was it a grimace? Of course! I lied my ass off.

He kept asking every five minutes so I'm guessing he didn't buy my answer.

You know there are only seven more days until OUR Christmas, he reminded me. We leave on Christmas day.

I know, I know! Very exciting.

I have a built in countdown clock, every morning. Countdown to meltdown. I think there is only about 35 minutes and 15 seconds left on that clock.

Fold laundry, take shower- no, I haven't done that yet today- calm down. It'll all work out. No one will cry.

34 minutes and 10 seconds...

11 Comments:

Anonymous donald said...

is that a crack i see in the armour of "miss totally got my shit together"!!

take a deep breath, it will work out. if not, you all can come spent the week with me downeast. almost like hawaii, right? LMAO

3:57 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I so don't have my shit together.
sosososoooooooo don't.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Toothbrushes- put toothbrushes in their stockings. And, oh, uh plastic dinosaurs and candy. And a tangerine in the toe and some nuts. Maybe cheap silly watches.
Take a shower.
Fold the laundry.
Breathe.
When you get on the plane (the reservations will be found) and the wheels leave the ground, it will all be done, no matter what you consider undone.
And oh yes... vodka. For you.
Love from another sufferer of Christmas....Ms. Moon

6:57 PM  
Blogger Ulla said...

Desperate times call for desperate remedies: Hand the boys some money and tell them to shop for gifts for each other and the cousins. They might just come up with something good and unexpected, and you won't get angry when everyone isn't happy about their gifts.
Also: A good gift would be money to shop the january sales.

4:11 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I like the vodka idea...

11:45 AM  
Anonymous donald said...

well the vodka thing just goes without saying!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

Vodka's always a good idea ... well, usually a good idea, anyway.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , perhaps very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct companion who uses your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://cituqile.freehostyou.com/cokawel.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

10:35 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Have you explained to them the origins of the holiday celebrations (winter solstice...darkest night...Turkish Saint)? Might be interesting to them to know the whole thing started and that it didn't have anything to do with Jesus.

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matchless topic

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easily I acquiesce in but I dream the list inform should prepare more info then it has.

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home