Wednesday, June 27, 2007

No More Dead Kitty Blogs


I've promised more than one person today to be back to my snappy, sarcastic self tomorrow. No more dead kitty blogs.

It's the heat. It's oppressive. I have a little a/c unit in my office but between the dog walking in and out, the kids coming in and out, it doesn't stay very cool. I thought about packing up to go to a not to be named coffee shop with internet access but... alas, I had no car today.

A piece of my prized Volvo wagon came off yesterday. A very loud noise ensued. It is, needless to say, in the shop.

I'd still buy another in a heartbeat- I'll always be a fan after being rear-ended by a car going 30 miles per hour while sitting at a stop light, my two youngest children in the third row seat facing the back completely uninjured and somewhat amused by the event. The car was a wreck. I was a wreck. Everyone was fine.

There's my plug, David. Do I get a free Volvo now?

How about if I promise NOT to tattoo the logo on my butt?

Tomorrow, Ben and I head to Maine. Just the two of us. His plans are beach, lobster, beach, more lobster, more beach... Even as a toddler, he would run run run on the beach and suddenly decide it was time to lay out on a towel. His instinct to "chill" is innate.

We will chill.

And no more dead kitties. Promise.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Volvo wasn't too excited about the body-branding idea. They said something about butt tattoos not being very family friendly. Perhaps we can place the logo across your forehead or just above your upper lip.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

They have clearly never been to Herring Cove beach...

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home