Thursday, August 23, 2007

Time to Say, Bye Bye Mr. Rove

Ever need a bitch slap?

One time, when Walter was cooking dinner for 15 people at his house and his friend was helping him (no, it wasn’t me. I was being charming at the table.) and Walter started to get lost in the kitchen.

He was turning around in circles, 18 thins to do, not doing any of them, and suddenly it had been thirty minutes since the first course was cleared.

His friend grabbed him and said, GET IT TOGETHER! and started to tell Walter what to do.

Bitch slap. Only a true friend will do that for you.

Right now? I think all the liberal democrats need a bitch slap. Enough about Karl Rove. I listened to an NPR story after Rove’s final Sunday morning talk show rounds and the commentators were trying to dissect what Rove was trying to do with his attack on Senator Clinton.

Was he afraid of her?

Was he trying to ”make” her the front runner by his comments because he thought she could be beat?

What was his scheme?

PEOPLE! Who cares? The man doesn’t have a job anymore. He was fired. He lost the 2006 elections. He is history, done, over, finished. Instead of looking in the rear view mirror, let’s focus on what’s in front of us instead.

Because no one in the Republican party wants to lose power. That’s why Rove doesn’t have a job.

I don’t know who I am going to vote for but I can promise you Karl Rove’s opinion or double opinion, or sneaky dirty tricks mean nothing to me. I don’t care if he’s gay, as is being speculated currently, or if he steals a pack of gum from the corner newsstand. At this point, any of his behaviors are aimed at one thing- trying to get back in power.

Even if that means bending over backwards. (Sorry. Couldn’t help myself.)

So, just as Walter’s friend did that night, I want everyone out there to be duly bitch slapped out of concern and a real desire to win this race in 2008. Even if Rove starts dancing in his underwear, we need to keep focused on the real goal.

The real obstacles.

Mr. Rove is no longer one.

Eyes forward, because I'm sure there is someone new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home