Saturday, October 20, 2007

Calm Preparation


The kids are all practicing their instruments. Jake just had a bath. I have a lovely shiraz poured- meaty yet spicy. Still very tannic- it's young. This bottle isn't going to make it to adulthood.

The Red Sox are playing.

Last night, I went to bed early in preparation for the game tonight and hopefully, tomorrow.

I asked a friend who is a Yankee fan if she can be happy when the Sox win. I know I'm happy when anyone beats the Yankees.

She hasn't responded. Probably best.

I'm ready for a bloody sock to be pulled out. I'm ready for Shilling to prove the world we old folks have a place in professional sports. I want to see Lofton whiff, I want to see Ellsbury hit a ball out of the park, and I want Ortiz to win the game.

But in the bottom of the seventh, please? It makes "Sweet Caroline" so much more fun to sing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home