Monday, February 04, 2008

And the Next Contest is...

I am in such a bad mood today.

My team lost. They looked terrible. Can someone tell me what Matt Light was doing all week because clearly, he wasn't practicing. Nor was any of the front line.

I'm looking at all the polls and discussion and I'm seriously worried Clinton is not going to win tomorrow.

I'm suppose to go watch returns at a friend's house. She's supporting Obama. I don't think I can take it.

The football game means little. Sure, I wish they had won but it's only a game. Besides, I'm a Red Sox fan- I'm used to shrugging and saying, There's always next year.

The primary elections mean a lot more to me. It's about fixing a broken health care system. It's about ending a war and repairing international relationships. It's about getting out of debt and getting our economy online again. It's about public education and repairing the damage No Child Left Behind created on a national level. It's about the environment and our lack of signing a single treaty during the Bush years that would hold American industry accountable at the same level as the rest of the industrialized world.

It's about my country.

I do not believe we can survive another four years of a failed war.

If Obama wins, can he win a national election? He's a beautiful man with pretty words but is that enough?

I don't know.

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im starting to get the same feeling.

I am NOT supporting Obama. And I guess Im just shocked at how many are...

4:28 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

Great post. That's exactly why I decided to get off my butt and actually do some work for the Clinton campaign. I'm still hopeful that when I vote in Maryland next Tuesday, it's relevant. I think it will be. I think Clinton will win some delegates tomorrow and Obama will some. Nobody's gonna win tomorrow. I think.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I hope you're right Sue, but I have this sinking feeling... you read all the news sites... everyone is talking about a 'dead heat' Clinton and Obama are in.

Nervous. very nervous.

and Laura, c'mon, Obama is better than McCain.

and better than Romney.

don't even get me started about Huckabee.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

Check out the link below, might make you feel better. There are an awful lot of people throwing around those poll numbers who don't really know what they mean ....

http://www.blogher.com/super-tuesday-preview-don-t-believe-hype-remember-margin-error

C'mon now -- you're a Red Sox fan, you know you gotta keep the faith!

5:43 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

thank you for the link. I know, and I agree AND...

I still don't think I'm going to the party.

honestly, as much as I try- and I do try- I am a sore loser.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

You've been reading HuffPo again, haven't you? You've got to stop that!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Ulla said...

Really, Sara, "a beautiful man with pretty words" ? If I said anything that belittling about senator Clinton, I'd be roasting in a feminist purgatory.

Anyway, I am seriously worried for Obama - I remember New Hampshire.

Tonight, we have super tuesday-evening with the kids, serving burgers, Coca-Cola, Californian wine and pop corn - anything to get them interested...

3:06 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

well, you have the Coke, let them have the wine and it will get interesting!

I'll get to your feminist purgatory in a minute, right now I have to get Ben to pull his pants up before he leaves for school- somehow he thinks wearing them around his knees is fashionable.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Ulla said...

It IS fashionable, even here. I keep telling my kids that it's only smart if prison is smart, and they keep rolling their eyes.
Why bother, anyway? He'll pull them back in place, so to speak, as soon as you turn your back.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home