Monday, March 17, 2008

"Eight Days A Week"

I used to love the Beatles song, "Eight Days A Week" until Ben and Zachary were assigned a duet to play the song for their lesson. They share the same teacher and go one after another.

I have heard the song over and over. A saxophone and clarinet. Not sure what key they are playing in, but I can tell you it's not the same one for both of them.

Near wrestling over the music sheets.

Zachary trying to play from the floor, lying on his back.

Giggling. Teasing.

Don't you know a rest?

One, two, three..

NO! One, two...

Rest, rest...

ZACH!

Never mind.

Huge burst of laughter.

I gotta talk to their teacher. A duet is not such a good idea. I should be grateful, though, they have not hit Pachelbel's "Canon" yet.

I find it most interesting, however, that their mother- the one who is the musician and insists they take lessons through high school- is never here during the practice sessions.

Curious.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is the thing about jeanine, she is no fool!! LOL

8:00 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I remember after all the damn music lessons my kids took and all the practicing I had to endure, I finally got a kid who could play.
Whoa.
Let me just say that it's obvious almost immediately.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Eek. I had managed to repress my sister's "cello rendition" of Canon in D until just now.

I remember being in Jr. high playing "Eleanor Rigby" for our orchestra's pops concert. While it began my lifelong love of that song, I'm sure that my parents still cringe each time they hear it!

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

smart woman!

my Mom used to ATTEMPT to nap during my piano lessons......but to the best of my ability I put an end to THAT

7:16 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

oh, laura, there is no napping during practice time.

Jake is learning how to play the drums.

yeah.

and funny, his snare drum is set up in my office.

nooooo napping.

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did someone say Pachelbel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that just how it always goes? Sign them up for lessons, forget about the practice it takes? Like when I got my puppy. Sign up for Cute Cuddly Companion, forget about Pooping Jumping Annoyance. It's the practicing [and the training] that makes the end result bearable, and for that I find myself in gratitude.

Thanks for sharing, sorry I posted multiple comments. I just found you online, and I am loving what I am reading.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

molly, that is hysterical and I have seen it before.

sent it to the cello players I know.

Ashes? you comment away. I'm always happy to get them and to reply!

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home