Wednesday, March 12, 2008

ENOUGH ALREADY!

Oh, the debate between Obama and Clinton camps rages on. Personally, I'm sick of it. No one comes up with anything new, same accusations are flying back and forth. No one is going to convince me Obama is the savior, and no one is going to convince an Obamaton (that's Jerame Davis term and I love it) that they are supporting an empty suit.

The complaints, the innuendo, and, as I was accused of today, the "gamesmanship."

I think gameswomanship. Or just go ahead and say I'm playing games.

You could admit I run circles around you in such a funny, articulate way you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground, but maybe you can't type that fast.

I promised, in response to a plea that people stop pointing out Obama's lack of a voting record in Illinois or that Obama was not a primary sponsor of the LGBT human rights legislation as he claims, a few things.

As soon as the innuendo that Clinton's campaign 'darkened' video to make Obama look 'more black' even though its completley untrue, I'll stop.

As soon as Samatha Power calling Clinton a monster- oh, wait, it's almost all of the Obama campaign- stops saying that, I'll be as quiet as a mouse.

Well, not the one in the wall that scurries all night and drives me nuts. A church mouse. I've never heard a church mouse, perhaps because of my lack of going to church, but it sounds like a good start.

As soon as "the pure campaign" stops talking about Clinton's marital problems- even though at the time we all agreed that it wasn't fair or right to do. Remember? A blow job is not an impeachable offense?

Oh, wait. That's when we were all in this together.

When that stops, I will zip my lips and throw away the key.

As soon as the ridiculous cries of "Clinton cannot win!" stop. THE SAME THING IS TRUE FOR OBAMA, PEOPLE.

Sorry. That one is REALLY grating on my nerves. Not sure I can be quiet about that.

The sad part? Not only is the LGBT community arguing over crumbs- and I'm talking little tiny crumbs offered by each candidate- while we bicker, McCain cheerfully gathers in the money, the dirt, and is smiling his way to the November election.

Personally, I'm sick of it too. But it goes both way. It goes both ways and is coming from both camps.

BOTH camps.

I think we need to find some common ground. I think we need to aim our sights at McCain.

That might be too much of a stretch, so, let's start small. Let's find a different place of agreement.

When it comes to LGBT rights? They both suck.

Can we begin the peace process there?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sue J said...

I agree completely. I just posted a similar idea on my blog, and have read many others today thinking along the same lines.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Seda said...

Great post, Sara. I sooo agree with you. I put something similar to this in a post on my own blog a few days ago, at least in the sense that I have great respect for Hillary, and we're all in this together. As long as Obamatons and Clintonites are pounding each other, McCain is cleaning up. Can't we agree that the enemy of my enemy is my friend? Go, Barack! and Go, Hillary! And why don't you both step up to the queer plate, while you're at it?
Thanks for the post.
Seda

9:25 PM  
Blogger m. cacioppo said...

oy vey. this is what i've been feeling too.

total burn out.

can we get a total start from scratch do over with new rules? spending limits, one day all registered democrats only primary, and all talk is limited to the actual issues and platforms, no pundits and NO crazy bloggers, no celebrity endorsements, no drudging up past shit that is irrelevant. could a totally unsensational election hold anyones interest in this ridiculous country?

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home