Friday, March 21, 2008

Naughty Mom Night



I'm having the Naughty Moms over tonight. Having a group of self-proclaimed suburban "naughties" is a challenge.

You must have enough wine in the house. Good wine. They are suburbanites after all. I do NOT allow spritzers of any kind. I have my rules about wine.

When one of the naughties offers to bring a VERY LARGE bottle of vodka, you throw away the mixers and get the martini shaker ready, arming yourself with olives and lemon twists.

If the flowers you thought you could stretch out one more day are too dead after all? Improvise with a Chihuly. But remove before dessert so it doesn't end up being offered to double as a jello mold.

And that's all I can say. I am not allowed to divulge the naughty mom's identities. I am not allowed to share any of the conversations that take place.

It's Vegas here tonight.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a Chihuly?!

You should see the Children's Museum here in Indy - there are massive Chihulys hanging from the ceiling...

6:35 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

Wow! A Chihuly?! I am impressed!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

I was going to write (before I just was interrupted by a dog-cat fight) that IF i had a Chihuly, I do NOT think I would let any of my friends anywhere near it -- especially if there are martinis involved!

You must have exceptionally well-behaved friends(!)

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats a shame....martini's and wine mixed with naughty would probably give you GREAT blog fodder!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

My mother's chihuly. I inherited it.

my friends KNOW the rule of the house.

don't touch the chihuly.

it would be a great blog laura. but right now, I just finished the dishes, I have my feet up... and my vegas standards will be kept.

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope you AND the chihuly got through the evening without incident! we all know the "tip toe" around it rule! we friends, ARE well trained! LOL

8:09 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

but bil... whaddaya think of the table setting???

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home