Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Anxiously Waiting

I can't even read the news online today. I've been pacing.

Went running.

Paced some more.

Went to the grocery store. I ended up with a lot of food, none of which really goes together or makes any sense. Hamburger with no buns. Red pepper, cucumbers but no lettuce.

Went to the wine store just to wander and look at wine. Circling the Rhone section, I couldn't have made a selection if you paid me to. I walked out empty handed.

The cat is on my desk. Literally. She's not amused. She has, however, sent several emails today with her treks across the keyboard.



If I start reading exit polls now, I'll only make myself crazy. Jake has a baseball game tonight. Ben and Zachary have their music lessons. Plenty to do.

It's been a long week and it's only Tuesday.

Clinton must win Indiana. And she needs a very strong showing in North Carolina. A loss by any sizable amount will be the end. My guess? We'll have no clearer a winner tomorrow than we do today. Obama will win NC buy 5%. Clinton will win IN by 5%. No clear mandate will be set.

We will go on to the next primary contest.

That's my guess. I might be wrong. It might all be over when the votes are counted tonight. There is some relief in that thought. Some. Not a lot. I'm rooting for the underdog, after all.

For now? I'm back to anxiously waiting.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sue J said...

It's been a long week and it's only Tuesday.

you aren't kiddin', sister!

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel - I've actually been working on a marketing plan rather than watching the returns. However, curiosity may get the better of me.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

it's over.

it is over.

9:07 PM  
Blogger m. cacioppo said...

ugh, john kerry number two is getting ready to speak in NC. why don't they just call Indiana already? what, so he doesn't have to congratulate hillary on a win?

i'm so sick of him. boo.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home