Thursday, June 12, 2008

Technology Serf

I have some stunning technology in my house. At my party, my big screen TV that floats on the wall displayed photos through Apple TV.

Very very cool. All my photos of the kids, different things, over the years, changing, flipping- everyone loved it.

How did you do that?

I smiled. I didn't do it. It was Jeanine.

Truth be told, I can't turn on my TV without help. If the universal remote she bought me with the "watch cable" button to push isn't working? I have to ask the kids.

We're about to watch the Celtics. I pushed the button.

Didn't work.

Jeanine started to explain what to do.

I threw her the remote.

You need to learn, she said.

No I don't.

What do you do if I'm not here?

I get mad. At you. And then I ask the kids.

I don't want you to get mad at me.

I shrugged. I am never going to be technology Queen. Not even a Princess. Me? I'm pretty much a serf. If I can't press a single button to make it go? I give up.

And get mad at Jeanine.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're a brat!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

so so so much a brat.

no question.

but you know... when you can't turn on your own damn TV...

9:41 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I miss dials. Remember dials?

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe it was some superior being trying to save you from watching the first half!! hopefully you got to see the second half and the celts win! just one more and the championship is ours. yippee!!

and yes, you are a brat, figure it out!!

3:50 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I watched the whole thing. I honestly almost turned it off when Garnett went to the bench with his second foul.

Yes, ms. moon, I do remember dials. I remember having to stand at the TV and change the channel- between the three stations- until you found what you wanted.

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly how Jeanine feels. I get the remote thrown at me. Empower yourself, have the kids give you a thirty minute course and take notes. Short hand the notes and tape to back of remote.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Rev. Bob said...

OK, this probably isn't the best time to tell you, but I'm listening on my TV to a podcast that was saved on my laptop.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Sue J said...

I can never explain how the remote works, because I never know what I just did to make it work ....

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home