Sunday, August 17, 2008

Equality For All

Do you know what does not discriminate between gay and straight? What doesn't care if you are transgender or questioning? That gives not a damn if you are bisexual, pansexual or asexual?

Lice.

Zachary came home with a head full of lice yesterday. Yes, the joys of tiny critters has finally come knocking at my door.

Everything is packed away in plastic bags. I'm washing the laundry in hot water not once, but twice. I shaved Zachary's hair- yes, we have clippers and a box of lice shampoo always on hand for just these kind of moments.

I'm itching like crazy. I may have to shave my own head.

Okay, that's only a butch lesbian fantasy I have, to take the clippers and let loose. I am itching like crazy, though.

I asked Zachary, who was oblivious, Didn't it itch?

Nah, he shrugged.

Equality for all, baby. Lice don't care.

And man, they can jump.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

There have been times in the raising of four children when I was in such despair over head lice that I was fairly sure the only solution would be to shave everyone's heads including my own and then burn down the house.
You have my sympathy.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang! Now I am itching!
Kamrin

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait until the cats get them....

11:42 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

the cats can't get lice. only human blood.

but you had me going, morgan...

do you think burning down the house will work? actually, I was VERY lucky to get a call from another parent that was in the cabin. I hadn't unpacked his stuff yet.

but... all these years, this is my first time.

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yikes! good thing you weren't downeast without a washer when you discovered them!

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara, sorry about that...I just had this hilarious visual of you running through the house, chasing the cats down and laboriously searching their fur. I was hoping it wouldn't get to you trying to bath a cat (which there is a easy trick for that, let me know if you ever need to know) or shaving the cats. "Shaving the cats", now that is a great visual too!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Rev. Bob said...

Can't you have him dipped?

That worked with our dog Foxy in Oklahoma. He got fleas so bad we'd call him "Here, fleas, and bring Foxy with you" But they had a weekend when they dipped dogs at the Tulsa Zoo.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

no, I groom him like a baboon every day.

at least that's what he says.

shaving the cats... now THAT is an image.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

which reminds me... time to call him in...

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this can take up to 2 weeks!

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home