Sunday, August 10, 2008

Serious Crime in Suburbia

Someone is stealing my flowers.

I wrote about it last year. This year, the thief- or thieves- have become more bold and are digging up Dalia's and Delphinia's left and right.

Who steals flowers?

I decided I'd get a sign. Video Surveillance, Don't Steal the Flowers. The response? Three more plants dug up and whisked away.

Yesterday? We installed a real live video camera on the fence. The cost of the system is about the same as the cost of the flowers nabbed to date.

And when I catch my pansy pilferer on tape? I'm going to call the local paper. I am going to freeze a frame and blow up their photo and hang it on the fence.

Yeah, I'm mad.


Anonymous Laura said...

what the hell is wrong with people?

We had someone steal our pool rafts AND help themselves to the tomatos growing in the garden...

I live in NJ...I'll never see your paper! Please post a pic so I can laugh my a$$ off!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Christy said... MUST post a pic to the blog too. Beautiful justice!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

The burglar is described as having brown eyes, a long pink tongue....

5:58 AM  
Blogger Sue J said...

"pansy pilferer"? That's great!

7:40 AM  
Anonymous donald said...

i hope it isn't walter! LOL

can't wait to see the post with the pansy pilferer!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

heh heh.. Walter is going to bring something REALLY special and unique over-

we are baiting the trap, baby.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home