Sunday, August 10, 2008

Serious Crime in Suburbia

Someone is stealing my flowers.

I wrote about it last year. This year, the thief- or thieves- have become more bold and are digging up Dalia's and Delphinia's left and right.

Who steals flowers?

I decided I'd get a sign. Video Surveillance, Don't Steal the Flowers. The response? Three more plants dug up and whisked away.

Yesterday? We installed a real live video camera on the fence. The cost of the system is about the same as the cost of the flowers nabbed to date.

And when I catch my pansy pilferer on tape? I'm going to call the local paper. I am going to freeze a frame and blow up their photo and hang it on the fence.

Yeah, I'm mad.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what the hell is wrong with people?

We had someone steal our pool rafts AND help themselves to the tomatos growing in the garden...

I live in NJ...I'll never see your paper! Please post a pic so I can laugh my a$$ off!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Oh...you MUST post a pic to the blog too. Beautiful justice!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Rev. Bob said...

The burglar is described as having brown eyes, a long pink tongue....

5:58 AM  
Blogger Sue J said...

"pansy pilferer"? That's great!

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope it isn't walter! LOL

can't wait to see the post with the pansy pilferer!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

heh heh.. Walter is going to bring something REALLY special and unique over-

we are baiting the trap, baby.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home