Monday, May 04, 2009

Strange Day

Strange day today... all around.

A friend who is always loud and exuberant was quiet and reserved on a phone call. Hmmm.

I read a financial update that looked very good, in light of the economy. Hmmmm.

I had to instruct my middle son to NOT leave his "cup" on the table. Or the kitchen counter. Or anywhere, except his room. Yikes.

And earlier, I was sitting in my office. It was about 4pm. Suddenly, I heard a man's voice in my living room. At first, I assume it's Walter. The front door was open, as it always is... I stand up. There is a man I don't know standing in my living room.

Yes?

Is this the open house?

My first thought is, can you see what a mess it is?

No, it's not.

My favorite, privileged white male response- Are you sure?

I LIVE HERE, YES I AM SURE.

Yes.

He turns and leaves and I have to say, in my almost 25 years here, I have never, ever had anyone just walk in the door.

Very strange.

8 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

And that is the reason I have a German Shepherd! ;)

10:59 PM  
Anonymous lez zorba said...

Weirder still - who has an open house on a Monday? Yikes!

11:17 PM  
Anonymous donald said...

i'm sure you weren't concerned as beanie was licking him to death!

12:12 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Yeah, I need a german shepard!

I asked again this past weekend, seeing a gorgeous shepard someone was walking and jeanine said no again. bah.

beanie had on full body wagging of tail. I am certain she will save me from any axe murderer running around downeast.

a had a friend say I should have called the cops, zorba. but... why?

7:57 AM  
Blogger Sue J said...

Shepherd mixes are really good protectors, too. At least according to Fritz, anyway ....

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is there a house for sale nearby your place? maybe he thought the for sale sign was your house instead?

if not, that is so freaky!

even more freaky was the "are you sure" question. yikes!!!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Nothing for sale on the street.

just very weird.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous donald said...

what is this fixation with ax murderers and downeast? you reading stephen king again? now you even have me locking my doors!

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home