Monday, July 06, 2009

Bah!

One of the bonus effect of my sister's illness is that she's losing weight. A lot of weight. She's been someone who struggled with weight issues most of her life. Now? The weight is dropping off.

Regardless of what she eats. Which has meant requests for chips, ice cream, cookies... stuff I rarely have in the house. But it's summer, the kids are on vacation and she can have whatever she wants.

Mind you, I'm gaining weight just watching her. Bah.

I had plain salad (no dressing, no croutons), and some tuna salad on top (light mayo and only a little), water, apricot for lunch.

My sister had a cheeseburger, extra cheese, BBQ chips, AND potato salad.

Watch. she'll lose two pounds. I'll gain two.

Bah. Bah to sick people. Bah to compassion. Bah I say.

The kids, though, are in heaven.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

When my sister-in-law was at death's door, waiting for a kidney transplant, she grew very thin (unlike her regular self) and EVERYONE kept telling her how wonderful she looked.
"Looking good is not my problem right now," she told them.
Isn't it ironic?

7:32 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

it is ironic and I was kidding. I'd rather not be sick.

my sister has grown thinner, but I wouldn't say she looks good.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Well, my sister-in-law wore a LOT of make-up.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Denita said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Denita said...

Well - according to Garfield (of the comic strip) there is only a finite amount of weight available to be distributed on the earth. So, if one person loses, another must gain. :)

9:34 PM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

adidas stan smith
yeezy shoes
stephen curry shoes
balenciaga
yeezy shoes
cheap jordans
kyrie 6
michael kors outlet
pg 4
longchamp bags

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home