Friday, July 03, 2009

Finding Space Again

I've been a little remiss in posting and I'm sorry. I've been adjusting to having my sister here, full time and not well, adding in three boys on vacation with no camp, a new dog, and way too much rain for any sane person to live through.

We are in Ogunquit, where my sister will be living for a while.

It's not been easy but we are adjusting. I'm not the best nurse, and it's one thing when little boys are sick and another when it's an adult. I'm doing my best.

The sun came out today, and finally, there was hope. Three hours on the beach did the boys and I a world a good. They went into the ocean, a balmy 58 degrees, and played in the waves.

I wanted so badly to go to downeast, go out on the boat, catch fish, watch birds but it was not to be. It's hard to make someone as sick as my sister is go "camping" for a few days- and that's what it is up there.

I mentioned there will be spiders, and her face dropped- I knew it was pushing it too much.

The new dog is a sweetheart and is very calm. She's been great to have around and most definitely makes my sister happy to have at least a piece of her life here.

No more news from Georgia, thank god. Manfriend has disappeared down there and I have made it very clear that if he shows up here? I'm calling the cops. There is no discussion.

My world, my rules.

I read that Sarah Palin is resigning- how many people think that she made a deal to not get prosecuted for something, raise your hands.

Another gay soldier was killed at Camp Pendleton. The Navy has nothing to say about it. Sean Kennedy's killer was released after one year in jail. Obama promised we will be happy as a community at the end of his term- help the queers when it's all done, huh?

Tell Sean Kennedy's mom that.

It's going to take me a while to find my bearing again. So much is going on and I'm a structure lovin' gal- I don't have any right now. It's stressful. But next weekend is the annual Moms Weekend in Ogunquit- all of us gather together to eat, drink, laugh, and tell stories. fifteen people crammed into one small house- it is glorious.

I took a moment on the beach today, closed my eyes and remembered all the good in my life, as the boys played around me a game of rowdy pushing/pulling/twirling. Great friends, a world filled with kindness.

I am blessed.

Just a little on edge.

5 Comments:

Anonymous donald said...

i miss having you downeast, but understand. and of course, since i will be seeing you on tues in ogt, i can wait! you are not missing much, pea soup fog here all day, so there would not have been any boating or fishing anyway! ran into allan and walter at your favorite store (elmer's)this afternoon, getting parts for your beautiful new grill.

glad we got that kitchen finished before the moms arrive!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Sara- I read blogs that make me care. Yours makes me care.
Sending a thought of serenity your way.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I'm so tired...

8:41 PM  
Blogger Judith B said...

All our best. I would offer support as well, but you probably have enough, and we're not really local, being in DC.
You have amazing strength. Everyone around you should consider themselves very blessed.
take care of yourself too, okay?

8:02 AM  
Blogger Sue J said...

Ugh _ I agree about the stress of the sudden lack of structure in life. It is incredibly stressful!

But the ocean does have amazing restorative powers, so it sounds like it's the best place to be right now.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home