Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm Back...

Alright. I'm having a hard time letting this blog go. I've been a little out of the loop lately- I can't really write about it as I've been asked not to.

It was intense, I think it's all going to work out ok, and there is something really great waiting at the end of it all.

Stay tuned.

I haven't been watching the news, reading the papers, or doing anything of political importance lately. It is June... June is the last month of school where every day has a school related event- or so it seems- not to mention the end of the baseball season for the kids.

Ben's track ended a while ago. He did great, pushed himself hard, and I think- hope- he found something he loves to do.

I miss my blog. I like writing for Bilerico and Huffington but the personal stuff... just doesn't seem to fit. I do like writing for Sue's blog, too... but...

I spent years working on this. Recently, as in this weekend, I finally reaped an enormous reward for it, just when I was thinking I was spouting off to the great void. I am going to Turkey, as in the country, for two weeks, all expense paid to... um... blog about it. Take photos.

I was blown away to be chosen. Suddenly, the blog didn't feel so stupid anymore.

I'm back. I know I'm going to have to start from scratch again, build up traffic, and I will continue to write for Sue, Bilerico, Huffington... but I also will write here. I miss it.

I hope you missed it, too.

23 Comments:

Blogger Notes on our family said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Notes on our family said...

de-lurking to say....Glad you're back!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're back!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Indeed!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Cathy Whitman said...

Oh My GOSH!!!!!

The best part of my day is reading your blog!!!!

Thank GOD for your words!!!!

Love u my Seester:)

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course we missed you.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

Congratulations on the photo gig!

You know you'll always have a home at Nailing Jello to the Wall, but I'm glad to hear Housewife will still be around!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Misgrace said...

ah, you're back! Hurrah!

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Heidi said...

Woo Hoo!!

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really missed you. PLEASE keep writing!

6:19 PM  
Anonymous donald said...

i knew you would miss us, and i hated having to chase down your thoughts elsewhere!! i know you have a lot going on, and your row to hoe is a long one, but know we are all here for you and your family.

seems like forever since you were here bitching about the cold downeast! hope to see you at the sox game on thursday.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I did miss the constant contact with people I've grown to hear from- Sue, Donald, Ms. Moon, AJ, and many more.

the other places are important. but it's not personal.

thanks for not being mad!

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Christy said...

Yay. Please don't stop again!

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked and hoped and didn't give up, and looked and hoped, and, well -- yay! -- you're back. I didn't give up on the blog...couldn't give up on this blog...not for you, not now.

10:08 PM  
Anonymous donald said...

how could we get mad at you cupcake.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

um, because I'm a bitch, donald?

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!! So happy you're back

8:20 AM  
Blogger Rev. Bob said...

You've always been my favorite blog, Wonkette.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooooooo glad you're back!

6:39 PM  
Anonymous marianne from austin said...

Thank heavens you're back! Going to Bilerco just wasn't the same.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

missed it lots stopped checking for a while and poof your back yea hooray.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Morgan said...

Glad your back here...I gave up Bilerico as soon as you told me a year ago where to find you, I certainly wasn't going back. I too, continued to check back here periodically during your absence. Good home you have here.

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm joining the others in welcoming you back. Somehow reading your blog anchored me in this life of motherhood x2. I am so very happy you are back!!!

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home