Monday, March 22, 2010

When Is Vacation Over?

Day one with Zachary on break with nothing to do, while I have a pile of work to do. It's not going well.

First, he plopped into my chair in the office and started to talk. And talk. And talk.

Now, when Zachary was little, he was so shy around other adults, everyone thought he was really quiet. HA! I can remember him sitting in the front of the carriage at the grocery store, yammering yammering yammering on about anything and everything.

He's still doing it today except he's not so shy around other adults.

He talked about baseball. How he needs new pants, new cleats. He talked about the beauty of the new waffle sandwich from Dunkin Donuts, how the waffle had just enough sweetness, and the ease of having all the good stuff piled into one bite. He talked about Miro, and how art didn't have to be realistic to be cool. He talked about pretty much everything that was on his mind.

This is going to be a long week.

What I need to do, is find a couple jobs for him to do- I believe I have just the thing- and get all my work done. Fast. Then he and I can have lunch out, go to the ICA, do some fun stuff.

Of course, he would point out, if I just let him play video games all day and night, he'd be quiet as a mouse.

Told ya the kid was smart- Miro indeed.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

When I am in complete GO mode, it infuriates me to have anyone around who wants me to be there to listen or entertain. This may be a character flaw, but if so, it's one I definitely have.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous donald said...

should i send you some ear plugs?

10:36 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

nah, just need some help thinking of jobs for him to do...

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i very much love your posting style, very useful.
don't give up as well as keep penning as a result it just simply very well worth to look through it.
looking forward to view far more of your current web content, have a great day :)

6:59 PM  
Blogger Rev. Bob said...

He can run the SaraCam.

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Jocuri sport said...

Thanks for share your own memory this posts and i will appreciate to you.

2:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for your very useful Information, I will bookmark for next reference, I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know, you need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this.Success for you

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home