Thursday, April 08, 2010

Is It Really Thursday?

Is it Thursday already?

Where did this week go?

This is the tie your shoes at 7AM and don't plan on stopping till 8PM time of year. Ben in track, Zachary and Jake in baseball, music lessons, tutors... it never seems to end.

Somewhere in the last few months I went from a manageable 150 emails a day to over 300. I can't keep up. If anyone has emailed me recently and I didn't respond, it's not out of the lack of desire, rather the lack of time.

And I really need to fire the email sorter. Oh, wait, that's me. I think I need to fire me.

My lovely technological wizard of a wife says I have programs on my computer that can help. However, that means learning those programs. Which takes time.

Um... can I learn it on the baseball field while I'm watching one of the kids games?

I would like to mention that my glorious baby, Jake, has turned 10. Yesterday was his birthday- I cannot believe he is that old. Or that his feet are really that big.

He is growing by leaps and bounds. It's wonderful and makes me so sad.

In the meantime, Mass Equality, the statewide LGBT group I am on the board of, is deep in searching for a new Executive Director. It is very exciting- much like my baby boy, the organization has gone from infancy to young adulthood. We are becoming a stable, long term political force. It's an amazing ride to have the privilege of being a part of.

And... um... time consuming.

No excuses- my blogging has been horrible lately. We've had health care pass without a comment from me.

Trust me, I have comments. I mean... opening up all those areas for off shore oil drilling? Can you say back room deal to get health care passed? I'm terrified about the banking regulations they are coming up with- how deal laden will they be?

I'm thinking over here, just not writing. I know that does not make my friend Bil very happy. It doesn't make me very happy either.

Now, though, I have to go tuck my way too big baby boy Jake into bed. I still get to tuck one in, at least for a little bit longer.

Showers have been taken, homework done, harp and saxophone practiced. The dog is at my feet, snoring happily.

It is a very busy time of year, no question. And one of the most satisfying, too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous cbc said...

i hope when my daughter is 10, she still lets me tuck her in.
she's 16 months and when i try to get alittle cuddle time with her before bed since i haven't seen her all day, she points to the crib and wants to go to sleep. she's weening me off the cuddle time and i'm not ready!

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Bil Browning said...

You know, if you weren't such a darn good writer, I wouldn't be upset when I don't get my fix. I'm like a Sara junkie now! :)

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank u Bil Browning!!

What he said!!

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home