Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Do Not Disturb

Ah, moldy towels, unworn underwear and athletes foot. The joys of camp return. I will say, no lice this year was a lovely treat. To be safe, I left all the clothes in the garage for a night, did my check and waited to hear from any other parents on the status of bugs.

Only a few pairs of socks returned and they were so filthy, I threw them away. Not even hardcore bleach was going to save them. Surprised, I found piles of unworn underwear in Jake's trunk. I threw out the pair he was wearing when he got home- I don't even want to talk about the smell.

Honestly, I have no idea why we send them with so many clothes.

Today is cold, dark, and rain is threatening. It's the kind of day the begs for a book, a blanket and a comfortable couch. Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. I have no desire to battle smelly clothes today. It's not like they are going anywhere. I don't think.

I want one of those hotel signs- Do Not Disturb. Stick it on my forehead. No yelling, no fighting, no arguing, no laundry and no heavy lifting.

This is the last full week of vacation. Next week, school starts for Zachary, and Ben has an open house to attend. Jake starts Tuesday after the long weekend. All in good time.

Just not today.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*leaves clean towels outside your door*

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home