Thursday, November 11, 2010

Death and Sunsets

Gil died.

Gil was Jeanine's Uncle. Well... more like a brother. By the time he was born, Jeanine's mom was a young bride, no kids, no whipped cream.

After Jeanine's mom married her dad, the whipped cream disappeared from the ice cream he bought her.

Weezie raised Gil. There are pictures of the group of cousins, and he is there. A little boy.

He was only 55. He was so young. And such a good man. Kind. Generous. Thoughtful. He welcomed me and our kids into the family.

I am so sad. Sad for all the losses.

Jake is very sad about Gil. I got a call from the school yesterday that he shared in circle that his uncle was dying and he had so much fun in Indy this summer. Jake cried.

Last night was a glorious sunset. One of those breathtaking, beautiful light, colors... you knew Monet was on the other side of it.

I took him outside and pointed to it. I told him that the colors, the light, that was his Uncle Gil's spirit. His body couldn't go on anymore but he was those colors now. He was in a place of beauty.

No more pain, just light.

Ok, I might have given him a fear of sunsets- there are dead people in them! But I wanted him to know there was joy at the end.

All I could do.

Gil died. Yesterday, before he passed, he asked for his Hawkeye tickets. A football fan till the very end. Please... watch the game tonight for Gil.

And always cheer for the Hawkweyes.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gil (like all of his family) was a wonderfully warm caring person.

Thank you for sunset story my Seester, because I will smile now, just for Gil, every time I see a good one.

My thoughts and prayers are with his entire family

8:38 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Another reason to love the sunset.
Love...Ms. Moon

8:50 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

you know, there are sunsets and then there are moments of pure glory when you think Monet had a hand in it...

that was one of pure glory.

yes, I'm back to writing. sorry I started with such a sad subject.

7:57 AM  
Anonymous donald said...

sorry to hear of your loss. that glorious sunset made it all the way up here to maine!

welcome back!

10:07 PM  
Blogger A. said...

I'm sorry for your loss,
what a beautiful thing though, the sunset

6:33 AM  
Blogger me said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Your posting made me tear a little. I remember being little and thinking that my grandfather was in the stars. I don't think he will have a fear of sunsets, if anything he will find comfort. I still get a comfort feeling when I look at the stars.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Article
http://www.youlivehealth.com/item.php?group_id=52&id=3371

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good article. Thank you.
http://akkordiki.blog.com/2011/01/06/buy-paxipam-online/

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good article. Thank you.
http://www.box.net/shared/kp0eyumkcm

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked your article.

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Golden Triangle Tours said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.

Golden Triangle Tours

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home