Monday, November 29, 2010

Gone to Rochester

My sister left today. Gone back to Rochester. She believes the treatment will be good, but more important, the home care better.

It's true. I have three kids. A job. I cannot take care of her 24/7.

It has been a long year and a half. Going to Savannah, getting rid of the puppy killer, bringing her back here, getting her surgery... I read what I wrote back then and I'm shocked.

She needs a stem cell transplant. This will require many months of intense chemo to kill off all her cells. Then infuse her with new, donor cells. It is tricky but if it works? She'll be cured.

Yes, it could kill her, too.

It's hard. It's a hard day around here. I know she's where she wants to be.

And I miss her.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Been thinking about you. I hope you can find some peace in knowing that you are doing all you can and all you should.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Ms. Moon! Please remind her again that she did all she could do. This last year and however many months of treatment have been a nightmare. But none of it was because Sara didn't do enough.

I truly believe that if Sara had not brought me up from GA to the top Cancer Center in the world I would be dead. If she had not done even just one more thing, that would of been the one single important thing she could of done. She did save my life, and her and her babies continued to save me the whole time I lived in Boston.

Nothing like the smile on a child face to bring you back to square one!

Now the second greatest thing Sara has done is let me go. She knows how great the Dana Farber Cancer Center, but she also knows that my hatred for Boston was slowing killing me also.

The relationship between Sara and I has taken many a turn over the years, and even though I am the big sister, I still look to her sometimes to be the big sister and she could of easily said, nope your going.

But she didn't, she has supported me like always, and I can tell you from the upbringing we had that just having that support is in so many ways much better than dumping the puke bucket after the 1st round of chemo!

I miss my Seester too! But my plan is to get better so I can go visit her and the babies often. You can never get enough of the ones you lover:)

Thank you Sis for all that you have done for me and all the care you have given me:)

I LOVE you:)

8:51 AM  
Anonymous donald said...

my thoughts and prayers are with cathy! (and you too sara!) xoxo

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home