Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Winter Blues

I cannot believe how horrible this winter has been and it's not even February yet.

Currently, there are two plumbers in my basement fixing my furnace which of course died during the coldest day of the last four years.

Nice.

They have been down there for several hours. I believe one of the boys best get a college scholarship because it's going to cost at least a years worth of tuition. I finally poked my head down there and said, GUYS! You're making me nervous.

Almost done...

That was a half hour ago.

Ugh.

Tomorrow? Another foot of snow. I'm sure all the schools, except where I teach, will be closed. The train will run slow or late or not at all. My students will straggle in late. Wet. Miserable.

Meanwhile, life still goes on. Kids to lessons, appointments. Good thing I have the monkey-mobile. My sister left me her car- it's a giant, ridiculous, Escalade. And it has two giant, ridiculous monkeys in pink tutus on the side.

No, seriously.



It was the name of her business. Four Monkeys. Don't get me started. Not only do we only have one car, we have a hybrid. The two cars in the driveway makes us look very confused.

Yes, I will sell it. No, I can't yet.

The reality is... it's been nice to have something that can get through the snow. I said it. My sister is laughing.

Still going to sell it. It's giant and ridiculous.

Plumbers still working. Maybe two kids are going to need a scholarship...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw you getting out of this near the bank today. I thought you'd started a new business!

Liz

3:55 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

oooooooh, no Liz. no no no.

you have seen the monkey-mobile. and now I'm embarrassed.

really, I do love the environment. I do. I do I do I do.

6:26 PM  
Anonymous donald said...

when you sell it, i want the moneys in tutu's! please please please!!

what the hell, we live in new england and it is winter!

hope the furnace is fixed, and you and the family are nice and toasty!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

as of today, the monkeys are gone. car cleaned up. kinda sad.

but it was time.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home