Monday, May 16, 2011

MTV: Are You Kidding Me?

Classes ended on the 6th and I took off for Downeast Maine. It was beautiful, not that cold, and very restful.

While I was gone, young son Ben was busy. He applied to be on an MTV show about kids with gay parents. You know, MTV, which started when I was in college and ran the same three Michael Jackson videos over and over. Oh, and the Flying Seagulls, "I ran..." The one that has no music videos anymore, just television shows.

Reality television shows. Not my favorite form of television, although I did watch some of Mob Wives last night with Ben. Pretty boring.

It's a little odd. All my kids are on my case about talking about gay stuff too much.

MOM! All gay, all the time. Everything isn't about gay people.

And they are right. I've learned, especially in my class, to cool it. There, I talk about politics all the time.

Now I find out, while I was in the woods, communing with nature, he applied for the MTV show.

Guess what? They called him back for a second casting call.

Oh my.

Now, I think I need to find out what he sent in that email he sent in said. Yesterday, all he said was he described me as "blond."

Um... okay. Not sure that really encompasses all of my personality, but I'll go with it.

Here's the deal: they see him on camera? Good looking kid, with a sassy mouth? They'll pick him.

Oh my. Oh my, oh my, oh my.

12 Comments:

Blogger Holly Diane said...

Keep us posted! That sounds very exciting (says the reality tv junkie!)

4:52 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Oh my! Hell, I'd watch MTV!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Akannie said...

LOL...freaking kids....

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all goes with that. I am sorry to be pedantic, but it's Flock of Seagulls.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Flock of seagulls!!! yes yes. you are right. I just remember the guy with the hair...

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Morgan said...

You know, this will totally ruin your bid for President ...

8:05 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Oh Morgan, I inhaled and liked it. I am sooooo not running for any office ever.

Besides, I'm already Queen.

9:27 AM  
Blogger beth coyote said...

By the way, have you Glee'd? it's SO GAY and funny and sad and music and dancing!!!!

1:19 AM  
Blogger Charisse said...

Oh wow....an MTV show? About gay moms!!! I would love to watch that. But I don't know that I would love to be on that. Thankfully, my kid is only 5. She knows she has two moms. And that other kids don't. But she doesn't really GET the word gay. She just knows that her daddy has a girlfriend and her mommy has a wife and that she has two mommies. Goodness!!!!

This is my first time here. I am intrigued and plan on reading more and more.

oatestosow.blogspot.com

2:49 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Just stumbled on your blog. What's the MTV show called? Looking forward to hearing if your son makes the cut!

1:37 AM  
Blogger Sunny said...

LOL. Kids- it's payback time, huh? Lord Have Mercy, all the times my kids have done things to get me back for embarrassing them(deliberately) are coming to my mind. You gotta love them!!! ;-)
(came here Via LAYABOUTING)

8:23 AM  
Blogger LilliGirl said...

Ooh! I say go for it...and yes, I'd watch too. :)

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home