Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Dirty Socks on the Kitchen Counter

Oh my god.

I was gone for two days. One night.

The house looks like a bomb went off.

I asked Jeanine if they simply took things and threw them in the air.

Very perceptive, she said.

Not funny, I said. Look at this place.

She shrugged and asked me to make lunches for the kids.

I asked Ben what was up with the mess.

He smiled.

Gets a little loose around here with Mom in charge, huh? I asked.

Yup.

Did the newspaper have to end up under the kitchen table? Shredded?

Whatever, he shrugged. He’s working hard on his teenager angst and surliness. But then, he’s been working on it since he was about three.

I find it hard to work when there is a mess in the house. No one else will clean it up- at least not unsupervised. That includes Jeanine. Who had not one, not two, not even three, but four lap top computers surrounding her this morning while having coffee.

Pretty cool, huh? She said, eyes glazed with techno- ecstasy.

I barricaded myself in my office. My office is clean. Neat. Tidy. One computer. That’s all I need. One.

But it’s out there. The mess.

Not the four computers. Some of them went with her to work. But the shoes, coats, hats, books, crayons, dirty dishes, shredded newspaper, sticky countertops and… yes, a single, dirty sock on the kitchen countertop, are all out there.

Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Kitchen Benchtops said...

I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it sensible. I cant wait to read much more from you. This is actually a wonderful blog.

3:49 AM  
Anonymous Kitchen Benchtops said...

Just smile while it's a mess??? Is this right? You should know the tips for taking care of Kitchen Counter..

11:56 AM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

kyrie 5
nike huarache
golden gooses
supreme
timberland boots
coach outlet
jordan sneakers
nike sneakers
supreme t shirt
kd 12 shoes

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home