Saturday, December 23, 2006

Almost Time

Santa is all set.

Food bought. We will have a wonderful casseoulet and hearty red wine for dinner. Few last things to be done.

Like wrapping presents. But I’m not going there tonight.

We cleaned the house today for the house cleaners. But not because they were cleaning but because they were coming by to visit. To bring presents for the boys. And we gave them gifts, too.

Fresh cinnamon buns need to be made- an old family recipe. I make them every Christmas, just as my mother did.

Cookies to be delivered tomorrow. A call to Santa- it’s a phone number, I told my kids, that you get when you leave the hospital with your first baby.

Dinner at my friend Margaret’s, as is our tradition.

Tonight?

I’m ready.

Except for the wrapping…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home