Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Multiplying Toothbrushes



Can someone please explain to me why there are nine toothbrushes lining my sink?

There are only five of us living here. The cat and dog do not brush their teeth. At least not willingly.

Recently, I saw the cat running through the living room streaked with blue.

I saw Zachary running after the cat.

It only took a minute to figure out where the blue could have come from- the minty fresh smell one never finds coming from a cat gave it away.

Zachary?

Innocent look pops up.

Why is there toothpaste on the cat?

I tried to brush her teeth, he confided. She didn’t like it very much.

Indeed.

Of course, getting him to brush his own teeth takes an act of god. In fact, all of them need reminding not once, not twice, but over and over again to brush their teeth every morning and every night. And yet the toothbrushes around here seem to multiply like rabbits.

I’m not sure I want to know. But from now on? I’m putting mine in the medicine cabinet.

4 Comments:

Blogger Suzy said...

I am glad I am not the only one with to many toothbrushes. They open a new one and don't throw out the old one

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara - What a post! We're always looking to expand our voice, so I'm wondering if you'd be interested in doing a guest post with us (www.familypride.org/blog). Family Pride is the national non-profit organization committed to securing family equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer parents, guardians and allies. Please send me an email at david.jacques@familypride.org. Thanks and kudos on the great work!

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! My 17 month old son loves toothbrushes. He runs off with them, and then they get dragged through all sorts of nastiness. He already terrorizes the cats. Can't wait for him to put the two together!

9:33 PM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

yeezy supply
supreme clothing
converse shoes
adidas nmd r1
supreme clothing
nike basketball shoes
golden goose outlet
off white clothing
golden goose sneakers
kd shoes

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home