Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Cha-Cha-Cha-Changes...

There are some huge changes happening in my family right now. Great changes. Hard changes. Awful changes.

Ben is going to middle school. Jake is starting second grade not quite being able to read. Zachary is trying, as always, to balance the family on his diplomatic shoulders.

Walter, Jeanine, Allan and I have embarked on a new, amazing chapter of our family. I have spent most of today pacing, worrying, and being excited about what it could mean. I think the gray is starting to take over my hair but... no one will ever know.

More tomorrow. I can only say it's exhausting and fabulous. I am so proud of what we have become.

And even more frightened of what I have to lose.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Thank you for admitting about Jake starting 2nd grade not quite able to read. My daughter is in the exact same boat...and she doesn't seem to care. It's hard for this book loving librarian to have child who doesn't enjoy reading. We encourage and model and hopefully it'll stick one day.

Change is always scary...but usually VERY worth it!!

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank YOU for saying that too! (about your daughter being in the same boat) I know all kids develop at their own pace but it is hard to wait sometimes!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

There is more about Jake and his reading problems earlier in the blog... it's been a huge struggle for us as parents to be calm and yet push enough, at the right time...

Allan is a former Special Ed teacher (he now teachs teachers) so it helps a lot.

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home