Saturday, September 08, 2007

The VERY Organized Soccer Coach

I am coaching for the first time. Well, not the first time. I've coached an adult Volleyball team- got paid for it, too. I'm actually pretty good at it.

Uh… where are the balls? Jeanine asked me this morning.

We are testing out some new found skills- our ability to make joint decisions. For some insane reason, we are both coaching Jake’s soccer team.

Aren’t they in the bag?

Mind you, this is the bag I picked up Tuesday night. Have I looked in it before now? Nope.

Practice starts in forty minutes. Game at 9AM.

That’s the horror about being a coach, Jake told me, You lose stuff a lot.

I didn’t lose it; I just didn’t look for it.

Well, let’s go get it.

I would except… it’s 7 in the morning. Can’t really go right now.

Jake smiled, put on his goalie gloves and went outside.

At least I have goalie gloves for the team. That and a snack of juice boxes and cookies? Please. The kids won’t notice a thing.

The parent’s… well… that’s another story.

Hey, it’s second grade. Time to run around and have fun. Who cares if there aren’t little cones to weave around in practice.

Right?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cones, shmones. That's why one keeps several pairs of old sneakers in the closet.... Old sand pails from the beach work well, too.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Paper plates and rocks.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I'm alllllll set now. Picked up the other bag. In all of Newton Soccer there was.. um.. one bag extra.

that would be mine, I told the lovely woman.

the game was great. I think we won- we don't keep score but one of the kids was on fire the first half and kept scoring goals.

this is going to be fun!

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home