Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Enough... Please People

I have been a strong supporter for Senator Clinton.

And I do believe it is time for her to step aside.

If for no other reason than the appointment of judges to the Supreme Court, we simply have to win this election.

Not to mention my own very selfish reasons-my oldest son is 12. If McCain gets elected, we will still be at war in four years, and my guess is after cleaning out the prisons, and lifting DADT- in that order as 511 convicted felons were added to the military in 2007 while approx. 700 lesbian and gay service members were dimissed- we're going to have to have a draft.

I wish Clinton did better yesterday. She did not. I am, first and foremost, a finance person. Whether in my role as investment chair for two foundations I sit on the board of or from my time working at an investment firm, the first thing I look to is the bottom line.

We cannot afford this race. The absurd amounts of money pouring into it needs to stop.

She lost. Enough with the dirt and the mud and the accusations... I have waded through some horrible comments today abut Senator Obama. Please stop.

We all said we'd get together behind a single person when it was decided. I'm here. I'm not happy, but I'm here. Give me a couple days and I'll even smile.

But the reality? It's time.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rev. Bob said...

We still need her somewhere in the campaign. She's a fighter and there's no quit in her.

It's about time to start holding Obama's feet to the fire about all the things that matter to us.

You've inspired me, and you always will.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

I have a feeling it will be over in a few days. I think Clinton has a plan -- she's way too politically savvy to just drive the whole thing into the ground.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I dreamed last night that I was crying over the fact that our next president will not be a woman.
I have tried very hard not to be attached to which candidate wins the Democratic nomination, but damn it! It's time. It's past time.
Clinton deserves it.
But I know what you're saying and that makes me cry a little, even when I'm awake.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Fortune Cookies said...

my greatest fear in this whole thing is in relation to how Obama can hold up against McCain. I can only hope and pray now...my heart is breaking too. I honestly thought that we were about to see our first female president, and the icing on the cake was that it would be Hillary. Sigh.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Sue J said...

I wouldn't have predicted it, but last night on ABC George Stepho. said Clinton's insiders are talking with her about a possible VP slot. Perhaps there's some backroom negotiation going on between the two camps.

That really would be an unbeatable ticket, if these two could rise above their own personal feelings....

10:46 AM  
Blogger Rev. Bob said...

Hillary and the press

Sara,

One of my alumni magazines arrived last week, and I finally got around to reading it:

You and my fellow addicts of this blog might be interested in this article:

http://www.krieger.jhu.edu/magazine/sp08/r5.html

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home