Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Summer Blogging

Remember when I wrote in February about how I wanted to spend a lot of time with my kids this summer?

To have a "Camp Sara" and have structured days with different activities?

Remember how sweet that sounded?

Guess what... the reality is a little different. For one, summer caught me by surprise. I'm not ready. Can I please have two more weeks of school, sans any events/parties/conferences?

Secondly, the crew is less than excited about arts and crafts with mom. Partly because I personally hate arts and crafts- ew to glue on your fingers. Scissors make a mess and cleaning up after paints is enough to make my eye start twitching.

I didn't blog yesterday because I had a house full of kids, a small plumbing emergency and hot, humid weather. Oh, wait, I forgot the three glass half gallon milk bottles that came crashing out of the refrigerator when Ben pulled the door open, a tad too hard.

Milk and glass, everywhere.

Not really any time to sit the kids down and give a thoughtful creative writing exercise. Or even have a fun egg race. To be honest, I didn't even make lunch- I sent Ben and Zachary to the pizza place around the corner to pick up food.

The thing is, with my earnest excitement about having the kids around more this summer I forgot a very important piece- I am going to be flat out with all summer long.

There is no vacation. This is my heaviest work season.

So, please, be patient with me. I will continue to try and post every day, with pictures on weekends. But if I miss a day... well... say a prayer for me.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Rev. Bob said...

Start here: Boom de yadda, boom de yadda, boom de yadda, boom de yadda.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

your tag, crazed mother' cracked me up!

good luck getting through the summer. as an expectant first time mum (dw's carrying), your stories about the boys make me smile, but also scare the sh!t out of me.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

oh, courtney, don't be afraid...

yet.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

Just read your offer over at my place. Never mind. you can keep 'em!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

oh, sue... please?

I'll throw in a very sweet (and just from the groomer) dog.

I'll keep the cats. they seems to like to poop on the floor in random places.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

and bob... my favorite was...

I'm goin' lion hunting...

got my trusty gun...
and my bullets by my side.

lion? are you there?

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, when you are here downeast and need a little rest, come on over to my place and hang out. i won't tell a soul!

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home