Thursday, January 15, 2009

Coffee...



Coffee. How many of you absolutely, without question, need to have a cup of coffee in the morning?

I do. Even if it's just one, I have to have my coffee. The only time I gave up coffee was when I was pregnant.

Enter, the wife. I love my wife. She is an amazing wonderful woman. She does, however, love her technology to a point of concern. When she buys things for the house, they almost always have a remote and need programing.

Like the coffee machine she bought for Maine.

But when the coffee machine is too hard to figure out, I draw the line. I have to have my coffee. I don't want a machine that can dance while grinding beans, while filtering water, while displaying three different time zones. I want something that gurgles, perks and gives you coffee when you press "start."

The machine she bought started to beep at me this morning as if I sent missiles screaming across the ocean. Pressing buttons to no avail, I finally unplugged it.

No coffee machine should beep at you. It's cruel and unusual punishment.

I love my wife. I do. But I think I'm going to hunt down a very simple, old fashioned Mr. Coffee today to use when she's not here to make the thing behave.

I need my coffee.

11 Comments:

Blogger Landlady of Fat said...

amen sista!!!

:::;sipping her 'ffee::::

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I turn into an ogre literally without it in the morning. I pity the fool that gets between me and my caffine.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Goodwill always has a fine selection of coffee makers. People turn in their old, simple ones when they get the hi-tech ones.
My afternoon caffeine is delivered via a good shot of espresso made from my Krups machine I bought at Goodwill years ago. It serves me well.

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

coffee is a must have with a 1 month old!

a timer is a great feature for a coffee pot. aside from that and and off/on switch, i'm all set.

if you need a cup of coffee before attempting to fire up the coffee pot, you've got yourself a serious problem!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm.....coffee. I literally cannot even process thoughts before the luscious warmth crosses my lips.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Sue J said...

I recommend a french press -- least amount of technology possible, and great strong coffee ....

12:12 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Sue, you've got the right idea. French Press Pots are super simple, and produce a delicious and flavorful cuppa joe.

I'm lazy though. We bough a new coffee maker after Christmas, and I am slightly in love with it. Yes, it grinds the beans for me. Yes, it beeps at me when I have done something wrong. Yes, it has many fancy-schmancy buttons. But dang it there is a thermal pot with it. It stays hot (not scorched) for hours. Yumm.

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you think that coffee maker gives you trouble, just wait till you try and get that stove working. the controls on it look like the cockpit of a jet!!

5:55 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I'm good with the stove. lots of buttons but you can ignore most of them.

of course, I can't get the clock set right but... who cares about that.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

and I'm going to goodwill to dig up an old mr. coffee. an original.

yes, I'm serious.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Petit fleur said...

Pretty hilarious! Sorry to laugh at your frustration, but you paint a pretty vivid picture.

Good luck finding your very own machine.
PF

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home