Wednesday, January 14, 2009

We Will Transcend

I have to be honest. I ran off to Maine today, to our house in Ogunquit. I had yelled at Zachary yesterday. He was nervous about a visit to a school he is applying to, and I had no patience for it.

He didn't deserve it. Not at all. I should have been calm, reassuring, and talked to him about trying new things. How bravery is doing something you are scared of- not at all about not being scared.

I didn't. I yelled.

When Jeanine got home from work, I asked her if I could go away for a couple days. I needed some time, some quiet, and a place to regroup. The holiday break, on top of the week she was gone, had stretched me farther than I could stretch. I found a new way with Ben that is working so well and requires me to dig deep into a place of calm I don't naturally go to.

It's been worth it. And it is hard.

I am incredibly fortunate to have a loving wife who understands. A second home I can leave to, that is full of comfort and peace. I know my blessings are many.

I also have good friends. One sent me this link this morning.



I have wonderful men in my life, who I adore. I would add them to the "ladies" mentioned. Respectfully.

Parenting well, more than having a political voice, more than anything in my life, is the most important thing. When I die, I will not wonder if I wrote too much about HRC, or too little, I won't remember Obama's lack of LGBT appointments to the cabinet. I won't worry about ticket sales to an event I hosted.

I will only think of my wife, my children, and my friends.

Thank you, Libby. You touched my heart with this.

I know. We will transcend.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, sobbing at my desk now....thank you.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Sue J said...

ditto ....

12:42 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

That was so beautiful.
Enjoy your time to yourself.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You, I read your blog often and this one deserves my thanks. I will be reading this book. Sobbing, but love does that to me. Peace to you.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was amazing! thanks.

hope you are able to figure out how to turn on the new stove!! good luck!! LMAO

you just wanted to practice your drag number without anyone around to see you, i know what you are up to!

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will transcend. As women always have.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

oh, I am ready for the party and YES, I am practicing with no one to watch!

trish, I'm going to get this book, too.

some men have too, cbc. not a lot, but some. they come running with food, too!

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didn't mean to discredit or totally ignore the guys!!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

sobbing thanks!!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Sheri said...

I have just found your blog today and I want you to know that it lifts my spirits to read. My wife and I were married last Aug in California and we live in FL. It is so hard to find other same sex couples to relate to or that want/have a family. Thank you so much for having this blog and giving us something to look forward to:-)

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home