Thursday, May 07, 2009

The Right Side of History

I went to a concert this morning for my son Jake. They sang the song, Nifty Fifty United States...

I kept thinking, oh, win, win, gonna win, gonna win... long time for that one.

The truth is, we are making huge headway on the marriage equality front. I wonder why Obama continues to be silent. If he says he believes in "traditional" marriage one more time, I'm going to scream.

I don't believe it. I don't believe he is against marriage equality. Simply does not fit the rest of who he presents himself to be. Enough, President Obama. Time to have some courage.

Time to stand on the right side of history.

Now.

Maine's Governor, who had been a long time "one man one woman" rhetoric spouter, changed his tune yesterday and signed the law. Immediately signed the law. New Hampshire's Governor is being hard pressed to do the same.

It's time. Like I said when Iowa approved marriage equality, the war is over. While there are still battles to be fought, it's over. One word for all those politicians out there- there will be another election. And your soundbites will be used.

Careful. You wouldn't want to sound like a bigot.

I love Maine. I can guarantee there will be a ballot question but you know, Mainers are a special breed. There is a whole lot of common sense up there.

Mostly? It's time for Obama to take a stand. Stop the bullshit.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he's taking his time, maybe? Pacing himself. It has been a rather intense 100 days...

12:43 PM  
Blogger Rev. Bob said...

I'll understand his pace and he'll understand my pestering him and my legislators to stop discrimination. Or when his performance review comes up, if I can find somebody who'll do better, he's outa there.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home