Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Monsoon Day

I talked to a friend in Provincetown yesterday afternoon and she told me they were having a huge rainstorm down there. All day, pouring rain, whipping wind... same here today.

So along with the entire vacationing population, we went to the Maine Diner for lunch.



My kids will always, always wait up to an hour, easily, for the Maine Diner. It is the only place on earth they will do this for- not even a ride at Disney would gain the same kind of confidence that the time waited would be worth it.



And it is always worth it. I had delicious Eggs Benedict but had to start with their seafood chowder. Ok, you might say icky combo but the truth is, the seafood chowder is light, and sweet with tons of baby Maine shrimp, scallops. After standing outside in the raw cold, it was necessary.

Of course, part of the wait is spent at the gift shop. No, we rarely buy anything, only poke around and look at what is pretty much the same ol' stuff year in and year out. Ben pointed out some fun cocktail napkins- I am known for my goofy cocktail napkins.



But there was only one stray pack of twenty - only deserving of a quick photo.

After our most delicious meal, we headed back, needing to stop at CVS for athlete's foot spray. Jake has been enjoying having feet of death- threatening to stick his toes in his brothers faces if they get too close.

Uh, time for that to end.

Jeanine went one direction, towards the foot fungus spray, I went another. Zachary tagged along with me, and said, Hey Mom! What are you getting?

Tampons.

I've never seen a boy turn on his heel quite so fast.

The rain is coming down from all angles. While we've enjoyed our quiet time, it better get sunny tomorrow or we're in deep trouble. I can't watch another episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog- which is simply weird, or the Suite Life, which is simply bad in every way possible from the acting to the script to the set to the hairstyles to the...

Like I said, no more monsoon days.

7 Comments:

Blogger Landlady of Fat said...

Loved this entry, the pics, the everything. :)

Hope you're dry by now! :)

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a hs bball coach, in his first year who, after hearing that my stomach pain was not the 'hershey squirts' (his words not mine) but my period, turned a shade of red I did not think was humanly possible.

That was his first year- in his second, he made sure there were tampons in the med kit. :)

4:32 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

You/re brave to eat eggs benedict these days, but out there maybe you know the chicken who laid them?

8:26 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

A good report from A Day In The Life.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

working on it, ms. moon. working on it hard.

simple, clear, full.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

sue? I ate chicken feet. I mean... what can be worse?

10:34 PM  
Anonymous donald said...

a chicken's ass, maybe!

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home