Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Enough Already

I keep thinking about when I was first writing this blog and Walter said to me, Angela's Ashes, Sara. Let a baby live for once.

It was too bleak. I guess that is why I haven't written much lately. That and my class reads my blog. Holy shit, I can't screw up, use profanity, or blow my fucking grammar.

Oh well.

Tonight, I looked at my family and thought, we need to have some fun. Any kind of fun. Silly charades at the end of dinner or telephone at the table (which always ends with poop and pee- no matter what you started with). Something. Anything.

Enough already.

I want to go out on jet skis again with my kids. Or ride a zip line. Or just sit around a dinner table and laugh. I'm tired of being sad or worried. I want to soak up the sun.

The one saving grace for me this fall has been my class. They make me laugh, they make me go off tangent about Sarah Palin (although that did cost them an assignment), and they write beautiful pieces from their hearts. I love teaching. It keeps me from sitting in a constant state of angst.

My minions I call them- not out loud, mind you, but in my head. Will my minions get the assignment done? What shall I do if they haven't? I should buy them all a yellow shirt at the end of class.

They have given me so much. I am honored to have a chance to help them in any way. Pop culture reference, which will date my piece: I am not worthy. Yes, I am a teacher now.

With lousy grammar. Shhh. Don't tell my boss.

Now? It's time for some fun. We need to go somewhere over Christmas. My personal hardest time of the year, I want to be where it's warm, sunny and there is an ocean. I want stupid tropical drinks with umbrellas for lunch. I want to feel sand between my toes. I want to see beautiful things, hike or swim or snorkel to amazing places.

And I thought of my friend Nancy. See, when she wrote her letter, she was in Quito on her way to the Galapagos Islands.

Ah ha.

Passports up to date, plane fares cheap, the dollar at a great rate in Ecuador.

Okay, Nancy. I hear you. It's time for some fun.

Stay tuned.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Cozumel. I promise you. Or Ecuador. Whatever. Just GO!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Cozumel? Hmmm. Ecuador was a great idea but the trip to islands was another 7 hour flight. not so good.

But warm warm warm? Hmmmmmmmm

7:10 AM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

I hope you can get away.

I've been feeling the same thing.

We need to have some fun, and some sun

I really want it to happen.

You hope for me, and I'll hope for you.

Good to meet you.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home