Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas

At 11AM this morning, Jake asked me if it was time to go to Margaret’s house.

For dinner.

No, honey, it’s not even lunchtime yet.

Oh. Are you sure?

Yes, I’m sure.

We hit the road to deliver some cookies. We dropped off the first tin and Zachary asked, What time is it?

One o’clock.

Oh. Is it time to go to Margaret’s house?

I turned around in my seat and raised an eyebrow. What do you think?

Naw, too early.

I wish this day would be over, Ben sighed.

It can’t be over, I said. We still have cookies to deliver. Food to cook. Things to do.

When we returned to the house, Jake asked, Now? Now is it time?

Mind you, this is about thirty minutes from the time Zachary asked.

Nope, not yet. Maybe you all should go down to the school and play on the structures for a while.

Ben and Zachary left. Jake doesn’t want to miss a thing.

No, I’ll stay here, just in case.

Okay, I shrugged. Not time to go yet. Not until it’s dark out.

I think Christmas Eve day is the longest day of the year for kids, the fastest day of the year for adults.

Tomorrow I will not be writing a blog. Unless, like Thanksgiving, something spectacular happens. I hope not. Hopefully, we’ll have a quiet day, with good friends, happy children and great food.

Merry Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home