Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Wedding Photos



My mother's smile. It was her wedding day. She wore a silk dress with beautiful hand stitched lace; she held a bouquet of spring flowers.

I held roses.



Her groom did not smile.



His face was tense. Nervous around so many people. I don't remember him liking a lot of people around. Just gin and Judy Collins on the stereo.



My bride smiled.



But my marriage to a woman is threatening the fabric of society.

My father sexually abused me. He sexually abused my older sister.

In his dark suit, with a thin tie, he was welcomed. If he accepts Jesus as his savior? He can go to heaven.



We were children. His children.

But my marriage is crumbling the foundation of the civilized world.

Can someone explain this to me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home