Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Food and Beauty


Chicago is beautiful. Did I mention that before?

Last week while there, we celebrated a ten-year anniversary of employment.

God knows I’ve never made it ten years working for a single organization unless you count taking care of my kids.

Hmmm.

We went to Charlie Trotter's.




That was Arkansas Rabbit Loin & Leg with Turnips, Fingerling Potatoes & Mustard Greens.





Four Story Hill Lamb Shoulder with Garlic, Aged Manchego & Parsley.

It was amazing. Seven courses, eight wines, beautiful presentations. I believe a plate of food is a piece of art. Not just how it is presented but the thought behind each flavor.

I spent so many years eating mac and cheese and goldfish crackers. Cut up grapes and sipping on juice boxes.

I don't even like juice.

The Alaskan Black Cod with Picholine Olives, Artichokes & Stinging Nettles.


Did I mention I really liked Chicago?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home