Monday, September 10, 2007

Bagels with Cream Cheese, Satan style

You know, I wake up this morning. I'm catching up on some email from the weekend, having a cup of coffee. In a few minutes, I have to make lunches for the kids. Cut up some fruit for breakfast. Do the things I do every school morning.

And I read this, forwarded from my friend Jim at Boxturtlebulletin.com.

Nigeria's newly-appointed Bishop of Uyo saying "Homosexuality and lesbianism are inhuman. Those who practice them are insane, satanic and are not fit to live because they are rebels to God's purpose for man."
(http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2007/09/nigerian_bishop_gays_not_fit_t.php)

It's so nice to know that a religious man, a bishop, believes I am not fit to live.

I'm going to make some bagels. Jim's response at Boxturtlebulletin is thoughtful and the details not meant for early morning reading:

http://www.boxturtlebulletin.com/2007/09/08/762

which is why you should read it.

Anyone need any more reason for Hate Crimes legislation?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home