Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Guilty Pleasure

We all have one, right?

Tonight, Jeanine took the kids to a concert at Berklee College of Music. I'm sure it was wonderful as Stephen Webber is an amazing musician and the premier expert on turntables. He, quite literally, wrote the book.

Me? I stayed home. I did my work- yes, the passport applications are all filled out- and then? I indulged in my most favorite guilty pleasure.

Newspapers.

I have three delivered daily, even though I don't always get to read them. I love the paper. Not the internet, not news flashes, and never television news. I love newsprint.

So while my boys get some culture, I have had the chance to go through every page of the New York Times, Boston Globe and Wall Street Journal.

Hey, it's better than ice cream.

What's your guilty pleasure? What you do when no one is around, the kids are out, and you have a couple hours all to yourself?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

music.

I rarely get to listen in the house because there is always a TV going or someone doesnt want to be disturbed.

Just putting the stereo on...I LOVE IT....

9:47 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Obviously not Raffi... what do you listen to?

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raffi? Is that a new "boy band?" *just kidding*

yeah, sorry Sara, not really into classical or opera (but I am open minded about it)

I am rocker by nature.
I have seen Springsteen 37 times in concert - so far.

and recently Ive gotten into Country and alternative (I know, stop rolling your eyes).

7:34 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I read other people's blogs....

7:59 AM  
Blogger Sue J said...

I read other people's blogs....

I read the comments on other people's blogs...

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J:

Darkroom, with music cranking... great stereo in a darkroom a must!

or out shooting. Then inside for music. Always music.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Career.Nanny said...

Bathing. I could spend days in the bath, or shower. It's such a drain on hot water bills and wastes SO much water. But I love it.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home