Wednesday, January 16, 2008

One of THOSE days already...

I woke up to a clogged toilet.

My car would not start- one of the boys had left a door cracked open so the battery is now dead.

The dishwasher ran last night and having been packed by a child who will not be identified, a wine glass smashed, thus requiring picking up teeny tiny pieces of glass out.

My wife yelled at me because I dragged her out to help start the cars in her jammies, bathrobe and boots. Well, she yelled because I took a picture.

When we came back in the house, after not being able to jump start the car, I found Zachary making lunches for him and Jake. He was spreading Miracle Whip on cinnamon raisin bread, to be layered with baloney. I started to laugh and he did not like that.

Baloney and cinnamon raisin bread? Who can eat that?

He went on the scream on the top of his lungs the complete unfairness of having to brush his teeth.

Had he not made lunches? Had he not had breakfast? Had he not made his bed? Why did he have to brush his teeth? WHY???

I won't mention the additional meltdown over the required coat he had to wear as it is merely 20 degrees.

Back to bed. Right now. Quick, before something else breaks, won't start or starts on fire.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Damn. Makes me want to go lay down just thinking about it!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Sue J said...

Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug ...

Sounds like an insect kind of day!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I love that song!

mary chapin carpenter!!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Ulla said...

HOW in the world do you get the kids to fill the washer and make their beds? Well done, already!

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh.....Our youngest boy once made a turkey sandwich on cinnamon bread because we were out of "normal" bread....I almost threw up watching him eat it!

He had no problem with it at all!

Yet he will not eat mushrooms of any kind...go figure

1:30 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Gotta be honest- it was Walter and Allan that started the kids filling the dishwasher.

And doing the dishes.

They are required to make their beds and brush their teeth before leaving for school. That's my rule.

They help with most chores around the house, to some degree. I won't raise boys who don't know how to do laundry, clean, and cook.

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad i am not the only one with those "bad biorhythm" days!!

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home