Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Co-Worker

I was called to give a recommendation of a former co-worker yesterday. I was glad to do it, and after the call, I realized, I only have one co-worker now.

My dog.



She's very efficient at her job. She keeps my feet warm and guarded from all that might come near them. She growls when anyone comes up the walk. Or pulls in the driveway. Or a squirrel runs by.

She never barks. It's a little weird, but she never does unless she's been left outside alone for more than twenty minutes. Then she lets out a small, muffled wuff.

It's not a demand, rather a pathetic plea, Oh com' on you guys, I'm still out here!

I thought maybe it was time for a review. You know, like all companies have with their employees. Get her a little plaque for "employee of the month."

Or year. Not a lot of competition in this office.

She should get a reward. A cookie. Little extra walk around the neighborhood. Trip to the spa.

You never know. I might need her as a reference some day. I don't want her to only mention the four year old Pumas I wore that definitely needed to be replaced and all the times I rolled over her tail by mistake.

Time to give my co-worker a proper shout out.

You know... just in case.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sue J said...

And does she let you sleep at night?

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she's beautiful! do you let her sleep with you?

All our pets sleep with us..its very crowded

2:44 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

She should have her very own parking spot, at least.
She's a lovely-looking dog. You're lucky to have such a peaceful and easy-going assistant.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

not only does she let me sleep at night, she does not go upstairs.

See, when she was a puppy, Jake was a baby. Beanie- her name, boy's choice, not mine- came home two weeks before jake was born.

insane pregnant wife. not me. her. long story.

And Zachary was still pretty much a toddler- 2 1/2 years old- so we had a lot of gates up around the house. like on the stairs.

to this day, she will not go upstairs. nor will she get on furniture. when I was freezing in downeast last thanksgiving (and our bedrooms are on the first floor) I had to pick her up and make her get on the bed.

she's beyond well behaved.

except when her bad girlfriend is around.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Beanie is the best. I have always been jealous of how well trained your dogs always are yes even sampson imagine him untrained.

Henry is my jewel to bad they are both fixed we could make amazingly loyal obedient dog babies. lol

ttfn

9:55 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Ha! my dogs and my children!

sit! stay! no sassy mouth!

I wish...

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home