Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Quite a Day

Oh, my I've had quite a day. First I wrote my Fool's day post, as requested by Bil from Bilerico.com

Then, I was on a roll.

I have to admit, I've either been weepy or downright giddy lately. Could be that period I finally got after three months of waiting but why mess with a good thing.

After my blog, I called Walter. I said, Walter... We really need to talk.

He responded thoughtfully and with concern.

Walter... you know Jeanine and I have been getting along really well lately, right?

Yeah...

And ... well.. I'm not sure how to say this but... Jeanine is pregnant.

Oh my god, he said.

April fools!

I think I gave him a heart attack.

I called my sister. She is currently staying in our mother's condo which still hasn't sold.

Cathy! Guess what?

What?

We have an offer on the condo!

No... really?

Yes, and it's for more than asking.

No way...

Yeah. There are a few contingencies, though. They want to close in a week and a half...

Uh huh... she said. I know she's dying because she wants to hang out there till May.

And they want it totally furnished.

Okay.

Well, they want all your Harley Davidson tee shirts, too.

Huh?

April Fools!

I know I am going to pay and pay dearly next year. I know Walter is going to get me and good. I hope I respond with as much dignity and good cheer as he did.

And my sister did.

It was all meant in good fun. Same time, next year.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Evil. Pure Evil! ;)

What's the saying....something about Karma being a bitch?

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are going to pay for those, big time! they were good ones though. but, cathy and walter WILL get you back, maybe even before the day is out!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Rev. Bob said...

Yup, you're evil.

That's the thing I like best about you.

Being totally non-evil myself, I would never suggest that you mention to Ben that a kid in the first YMCA I worked at , who was about his age, could do a perfect imitation of Henrietta Pussycat.

Never ever mention this to any of your kids.

Happy day after April Meow Meow.

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are really hysterical.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

oh, I had another I did to a friend but she'd kill me if I wrote it.

had her going... so bad...

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home