Friday, May 30, 2008

Playing Hooky

A friend of mine is playing hooky from work today. She is sending me a stream of interesting facts she's found on the web.

I, in turn, am quizzing another friend who claims to be an amazing trivia expert. She's killing me. She's getting all of them. Except one.

Can you answer these WITHOUT GOOGLING?

What is a pregnant goldfish called?

What is a group of 12 or more cows called?

How long is a "jiffy?"

Who is Hazel Frederick?

What was Wilma Flintstone's maiden name?

What is the shortest complete sentence in the English language?

Okay, the world is going to hell- I know this because Mitt Romney is being considered for VP- and there are far bigger things happening than relaying the information that an octopus will eat it's own arms if it's hungry enough...

But it's Friday morning, the sun is out.

Indeed a good day to play hooky.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn.

I only had twit.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I played hooky yesterday....it was gorgeous.

Ummm, Im screwed on all of those.....

3:25 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

what is it with you people and twit?

who ever heard of that????

the answers..

a twit is a pregnant goldfish

a flink is a group of 12 or more cows. (not 11, mind you)

1/100th of a second if a "jiffy"

Hazel Frederick is the woman scowling behind Mary Tyler Moore in the famous hat toss scene at the opening of the show.

Wilma Flintstone's maiden name was Wilma Slaghoopel. (Betty's was Betty Jean McBricker)

The shortest sentence in the English language? I am.

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, I suck

9:46 PM  
Blogger Rev. Bob said...

A gup-sow?

A "tip" of cows?

Shortest sentence: "O"?

I actually don't have a twitter account (or does it come with software?). But it's the Next Big Thing. Or maybe it's already passed its moment. My cell phone is way too sucky and my thumbs too slow to get seriously invested.

Happy birthday!

Sorry for not getting you a present, but it would probably be Maria Schneider and you really would think I'm stalking you.

Someday you'll treasure the kids making fart noise as one of your happiest memories. And what will that say about you?

5:42 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

twitter, schmitter... I still use AOL for godsake.

it's surprising, at times, I use the internet.

and bob, they are already talking about me...

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have been called a twit many times, didn't know i was a pregant goldfish!! guess i better get on that diet!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

not tonight, donald...

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home