Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Proud Exit

I have one hope for today. I hope that Clinton cleans up in West Virginia and Kentucky. I hope for this so she can gracefully exit, save some face, and bring an end to this primary race.

I still believe she is the better candidate. But as I've said before, it's time for her to leave. Obama needs to gather all the resources and energy now.

Obama versus McCain.

But if for one last day, to have a great showing, to end the nasty barbs flying through the media calling her, among many other things, racist- something so twisted out of context I can't stand it- to end on a high note.

I won't be watching the returns. It was bad enough watching the Celtics lose last night. I simply don't have it in me. I'm going to curl up with a good book, maybe watch the Red Sox if they are playing. Take a long, long swim.

Because it's over. Obama is our nominee.

I only hope for a proud exit for Clinton.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sue J said...

Oh. Is there a primary today?

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is still some hope for Clinton and I'm happy she's decided to continue. In other nations, candidates continue to the very end no matter what. I'm happy though that we don't do that here however she should be able to continue on and her followers still have hope. It could still happen for her. When she was in the lead with superdelegates, how come there's no pressue on Obama to drop out? Why is it like "she's made a statement and impact" and now she should exit. I'm so grateful that our party has 2 great candidates and not 1 great/1 shitty. It's hope that no matter what our party will and should unite in the end for either Obama or Clinton. I still have hope for her. I wish you would too.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Rev. Bob said...

Maybe the big deal is us against McCain.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joint ticket please!

I certainly think the last 2 elections were rigged. Ol' Georgie boy may even micki things this time around. He certainly has the power and resources to ensure a seamless transition for McCain to continue this war. We have a crooked gov't.

So, keep in mind the dems may not be to blame for another lost election if that happens. Hell, I pretty damn sure the dems won the last 2 elections.

Sucks.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoy the night with the book. the sox aren't doing all that great right now!

have fun at the celtics game tomorrow night! they better keep winning at home!

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home