Monday, August 18, 2008

Now? Please?

I love my children.

I do.

And I want them back in school... NOW.

I'm out of sorts, out of rhythm, out of my mind.

"Batman" is running around the house- I had to pull him in for a lice check. Jake and his friend are shrieking with delight because Batman is chasing them. Ben is miserable because we've started to wake him before noon so the shock of the school schedule won't kill him.

Or us.

Did I mention the screaming? Yelling? Noise?

And the scratching. That would be me, constantly, as I am certain I have a thousand lice running all through my hair. A friend said if I was worried, I should lather my hair in mayonnaise, put a swim cap on for an hour.

I guess I'm not that worried.

Jeanine looked in the refrigerator and asked, Will Miracle Whip work?

She's itching, too. Which is a little odd because she did not cut Zachary's hair, pick out the nits or wash his clothes.

Did I say I need vacation to be over NOW?

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could not agree more. Although the long and lazy days of summer have their charm, the charm of the regular schedule holds MUCH more appeal right now in our little family.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Sue J said...

So now you're with me on the kids vs. pets thing, eh?

12:37 PM  
Blogger Ulla said...

I understand completely. Fortunately, school here started august 13. Phew!

4:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hang in there, only one more week and they will be out of your hair! hope the lice don't replace them though! LOL

7:53 AM  
Blogger Misgrace said...

tea tree oil anyone?

3:33 PM  
Blogger Ulla said...

I know I'm a crashing bore, but I have to tell you, you shouldn't use tea tree oil. It irritates the skin and is very allergenic. It's one of those "natural remedies" that are actually dangerous.
I fight lice continually with a nitcomb in wet hair. If you do it every other day, thoroughly, you'll get the better of them in a week or so.

2:24 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

long and lazy meant no time to write yesterday. oy.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Sue J said...

Thought you were too busy picking nits ...

10:31 AM  
Blogger Misgrace said...

@Ulla,

I diluted a few drops of tt oil in conditioner for use with a nit comb, when our 3-year old brought home some of the kind little infesters. Once a week I use a spray of water with a few drops of the same, in periods where the school raises the old lice flag. Nary a lice in sight ever since and no irritated skin either.

@Sara: hope you are getting the better of them.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I'm feeling pretty good about it. I really think I've got them all but...

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home